WEAC Region 6 members are encouraged to explore the professional and financial benefits of National Board Certification and the support the union can provide to National Board candidates. With this in mind, Region 6 has organized an introductory workshop on National Board Certification for September 29 at the WEAC and WEAC Region 6 building in Madison.
The benefits of National Board certification include:
- Reimbursement of costs ($2,000)
- Annual Wisconsin stipend ($2,500-$5,000)
- Most school districts provide wage increases or stipends for teachers who are National Board certified
- License portability between states
- Ten-year Wisconsin Master Educator License
Union support for National Board candidates includes:
- Informational sessions throughout Wisconsin
- Individual coaching
- Access to NEA Jump Start curriculum
- Assignment of personal mentor
- Regular candidate support sessions
- Access to the expertise of NBCT union members
The workshop is Thursday, September 29, at 5:30 at the Region 6 offices, 33 Nob Hill Road, Madison.
Please RSVP to Region 6 staff member Rachel Schendel at 800-397-2287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.