WEAC Region 6 members are encouraged to explore the many professional and financial benefits of National Board Certification and the free support the union can provide to National Board candidates. Region 6, Madison Teachers Inc. and WEAC cosponsor monthly meetings that have proven to be a valuable resource for dozens of Region 6 members at all stages of the National Board certification process.
A National Board Professional Teaching Standards support workshop meets monthly in the WEAC Region 6 building in Madison. All Region 6 members are invited to join.
The benefits of National Board certification include:
- Reimbursement of costs ($2,000)
- Annual Wisconsin stipend ($2,500-$5,000)
- Most school districts provide wage increases or stipends for teachers who are National Board certified
- License portability between states
- Ten-year Wisconsin Master Educator License
Union support for National Board candidates includes:
- Informational sessions throughout Wisconsin
- Individual coaching
- Access to NEA Jump Start curriculum
- Assignment of personal mentor
- Regular candidate support sessions
- Access to the expertise of NBCT union members
If you have questions, call the Region 6 office at 1-800-397-2287.